Thursday, April 27, 2006

"My God, What Am I Looking At?" (Gil Grissom - CSI)



It's Thursday! Yippee-yahoo-hurray! Besides being the next-to-last workday of the week, it is the night that I can get a super fix of CSI. Spike TV has its usual weeknight back-to-backer from seven to nine and then at nine there is a brand spankin' new episode on CBS. I am hyperventilating just thinking about the evening ahead. Just me, Grissom, Catherine, Warrick, Hunky Nick, Sarah, Cutie-pie Greg, Doc, some unfortunate DB or two (that's dead body for you uninitiated) and my knitting project du jour. It's a recipe for total contentment.

CSI is not for the squeamish or faint-hearted. Its in-your-face depictions of a bullet penetrating a brain or a heart going into arrythmia could put you off your feed for a bit, but I find it fascinating. It must have something to do with the fact that all of the members of my immediate family (parents and siblings) are either Investigators with the New York State Police (my dad and brother) or nurses (my mom and two sisters). I apparently have a genetic predisposition to medical forensics. But watching it on tv is about as far as I want to take it at this point.

I've seen most of the prior episodes before but every once in a while there is a new one and it's like finding a twenty in my coat pocket or finding my favorite yarn in the bargain bin at my LYS.

The original CSI is still the best, in my opinion. CSI NY is pretty good too, although Stella needs a good slap upside the head every once in a while. The only one I really don't like is CSI Miami. Horatio and his crew are just a little too smug for my liking.

I can sit and knit happily tonight while my CSI buddies are spraying luminol to check for blood, running DNA, processing fibers and getting the bad guys.

CSI + Knitting = Bliss! Let's hear it for escapism TV!

2 comments:

Sssarahevt said...

ummm, so I'm glad that I'm not the only one whose addicted to the CSI-knitting combo. But I missed the new episode cause we had company...bummer.

Busymom51 said...

It was a great episode...actually very funny (in a black humor sort of way) Hope you can catch it on a rerun. You'll really enjoy it!