Saturday, October 21, 2006

And now for some random FO's...

...and it's about time! Between the episodes of the soap opera which has been my life lately I have actually been doing some knitting!!!! Imagine that. In truth, it has helped me through some of the more stressful days. It is definitely healthier than alcohol or drugs (neither of which float my boat in tough times) but not necessarily cheaper. I discovered a new LYS, Seaport Yarns here in Portland (check them out here) and I will confess to a few lunch hour escapes to go fondle their yarns. Something comes over me and the next thing I know I have a bag of yarn sitting next to me on the front seat of the car.

So, in order of completion, here are some of the results of my therapy:



This is the second time I have made this very easy baby sweater and hat. The yarn is nothing special but a very practical acrylic. Baby spits up, sweater goes in the wash. Repeat as needed. The pattern is an internet freebie and available here. I knitted this for our craft fair at work right after Thanksgiving.

Next item: Can you spot the fake in this picture?









Isn't it adorable? I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran so it's so soft. And it only took a couple of hours to make. The pattern is here.
Of course, I had to "carve" it before I send it off to Meredith in our next Care package so here's the final result:








I am hoping to make a few more for her to give to some of her friends at school.

My One Skein Project book was calling my name so I used that as an excuse to indulge in some Noro Kureyon at Seaport Yarn and made the small felted bowl. The Noro colors are so gorgeous and it felted beautifully. A few of these will be good for the craft fair:



I really love how the colors worked out to place that incredible aqua at the bottom of the bowl:
















My current project is a "Pueblo Vase" from the 2007 Pattern a Day Calendar. (Yeah, I confess, I opened it early and peeked at the patterns...I couldn't help myself!)

So many patterns, such beautiful yarn and so little time!

2 comments:

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

Haven't you been a busy bee!!! Just beautiful FOs Love Sue

Anonymous said...

I'm still in the land of hats and scarves but that sweater looks totally doable and I have two children who are the perfect sizes!

The pumpkin is totally cute. I'm going to make it for sure but will have to find orange yarn first.

I've made a felted bowl, actually a hat gone wrong, but I don't know what to put in it. Your's is lovely!

Thanks for the inspiration. :)